home about favourites also here contact

a lovely tea-party

5.30.2011

Tea-parties. The perfect excuse to wear dresses and vintage cardigans, topped of with oxfords and pearls. To talk with friends and laugh at our failed attempts at raising our pinkies while sipping tea.


We had been talking about having a tea party for almost a year, and we were so excited that it finally happened. Everybody made something for lunch or dessert {hello mini cucumber sandwiches & butterscotch scones!}, and one might say we 'stuffed ourselves silly'. Proper tea-party etiquette? Not exactly. Did we mind? Not at all. We couldn't bare to put any of the delicious food to waste!




On another note, when I placed my hands on the keyboard a couple of seconds ago, I saw my painted fingernails. This reminded me of something that I must share with you. The lovely Moorea Seal is writing an amazing series on her blog, called 'Paint Your Love'. It is truly one of the most inspiring things I've ever read. Every week, Moorea shares incredible stories about self realization and 'pursuing loving you'. She also paints her nails a different colour every week, as a visual reminder to love who you are, and encourages you to do the same. If you haven't checked this out yet, you really must.

My nails for this week...


 I hope your week is beautiful.

Abbey

6 comments:

  1. I know i might be repeating myself, but.. your posts are just perfect to be read in the morning!So, thanks for the smile you've just got me, wish you a wonderful week as well!
    (By the way, that tea cup is absolutely gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! I wish I was there, too! I've never been to a tea party and I think it's high time I fixed that. :)
    have a magical week yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tea cup! It's beautiful--as are your nails. All the food looks incredibly delicious too. This weekend, my friend is hosting her birthday party and it's got a twenties theme, but there's also going to be a tea party. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with the first picture!! It's just so elegant and the lighting is perfect :D Also, your nails are simply divine!! I just adore the colors. Absolutely beautiful.
    I will have to read that post you're telling us about. It looks very inspiring :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful blog! i just found you through A Piece of Lisa. i'm excited to be your new follower. you seem to have lots & lots of pretty things on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tea party? How fun! It's been too long since I've done anything like that. :) Beautiful photos, and I love your nails! Your posts are always so pretty, Abbey.

    ReplyDelete