home about favourites also here contact

dear weekend.

6.13.2011

Dear weekend,

Thank-you, weekend, for simply existing. The juxtaposition of crazy fun and quiet relaxation you brought was much needed and much appreciated.

Much love,

Abbey


I fall in love with the Prairie skies. Oh, and isn't my facial expression the epitome of attractiveness? ;)






Puppy-snuggling. Walks by {and in} the creek. An abundance of reading on the porch. Watching the sunset {and almost getting eaten alive by mosquitoes}. Colouring in The Indie Rock Coloring Book. Tea - so much tea. Wishing on dandelions seeds. 

That was my weekend. And I loved every minute of it. Well, maybe not the minutes when my sister & I were under the mosquitoes' attack, but every other minute was wonderful. Soon, I will be living in the non-stop weekend that is Summer Holidays. Just the thought of that makes me smile. Six days. I can do this. I can so do this.

How did you spend your weekend?

Abbey

19 comments:

  1. Hello Abbey. My name is Katie and I am new to your luv-er-lee blog!

    I am loving your sweet style of writing and you beautiful design!

    Following? Yes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! They are so summery. :) Your weekend sounds really nice. Mine was spent hiking, swimming, reading & spending time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your tee is to die for! Love it

    http://gracelouisephotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable especially with that facial expression. And I agrre with grace, your tee is just to die for! Your dog has the cutest round eyes ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where you live- so beautiful. I suppose my town is 'beautiful', but your pictures just give me a warm, 'no worries', feel of a town. I can tell you really love weekends! ^_^

    4 more days of school for this girl!
    -Lexii

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the last picture of the dandelions. thank goodness for the weekend, no?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, and the way you write is beautiful. I spent my weekend watching the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does your shirt have cupcakes on it? It is so cute! The Canadian praries look beautiful. I would love to visit them one day. ~_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures!

    Melissa~
    http://melissascapturedmoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear ya on the mosquitoes! I think I would love the outdoors a lot more if mosquitoes didn't exist!

    Yay for weekends!! Boo for Mondays. Seriously, who invented Mondays...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with your blog. So much pretty in one place!

    So glad I stumbled upon it!

    - S from Following the Walkers

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pictures made me smile so much- I miss prairie skies!

    And you dog is so adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your blog is gorgeous! I'm doing a little blurb on my blog right now about newly found blogs...I'm linking up to yours! ps, new follower too :)
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i. love. your. blog.

    It is so absolutely adorable and your photos are stunning!

    ps. I am now super jealous of your beautiful hair. Is it naturally that perfect? What's your secret, do tell. :)

    Have a lovely evening!
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, so I love your pictures. They are so pretty! I really love the first one! I'm definitely going to follow. :) Thanks for linking up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos! They're so enchanting. :) Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your puppies soooo cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a lovely summer so far. Where did you get that shirt?
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete